This release is obsolete. Please See the CeroWrt 310 Release Notes for the current release.
CeroWrt is a routing OS built on the OpenWrt firmware . It is a research project intended to resolve the bufferbloat epidemic in home networking today, and to push forward the state of the art of edge networks and routers. Subprojects include proper IPv6 support, tighter integration with DNSSEC, and most importantly, reducing bufferbloat in both the wired and wireless components of the stack.
The current CeroWrt release is code-named “Modena”, version
, built on 3 February 2013
Download the latest build from from http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.7.5-2/
CeroWrt Modena has proven to be highly stable, both from an ordinary operational standpoint as well as being able to survive heavy load testing. A number of people are using it as their primary router.
The CeroWrt 3.7 series of builds include the following features and capabilities:
- radvd has been obsoleted as the new features in dnsmasq replace it
- dhcpv6-pd support
- dhcpv6 server support
- 6to4 version 9-1 - IPv6 tunnel through IPv4 (not turned on by default)
- 6in4 version 11-1 - IPv6 tunneling (not turned on by default)
- wide-dhcpv6-client replaced with the new features in dnsmasq
- strongswan4 4.5.3-2 - IPsec VPN http://www.strongswan.org/ - avahi-daemon 0.6.30-4 - reflector for zeroconf/mDNS-SD/Bonjour names http://avahi.org/ - samba36-server 3.6.5-2 - file and printer service http://www.samba.org - ntp 4.2.7p256-1 - network time client http://www.ntp.org/ - enhancements to the LuCI web GUI
- iptables 188.8.131.52-1git-5 - framework for packet filtering and network address/port translation http://www.netfilter.org/ - iproute2 - utilities for controlling TCP/IP traffic in a Linux kernel http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/iproute2 - dnsmasq 2.66-13beta - DNS forwarder and DHCP server designed for home routers and NAT http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html
Other measurement tools are available for installation:
- snmpd 184.108.40.206-5 - for monitoring network traffic
- fprobe 1.1-1 for monitoring NetFlow traffic
- iperf 2.0.5-1
Bind9 is obsoleted
Openvpn will be available in a later release